Wefunder is like Robinhood for pre-IPO startups. We're the largest funding platform that helps normal people make investments in startups they love. Over the past few years, we've helped fund over 900 startups with $450M+ including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and cancer cures. But behind every company we launch, there's someone making sure all the gears are greased and the machine keeps pumping. Most simply, we're looking for someone who's hyper-organized and enjoys being so.
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE
- Our dream candidate has the hunger to achieve something great. Experience is not as important. Drive is. You'll join a startup experiencing rapid growth near the start. You'll get as much out of the experience as you put into it. We want someone who will do whatever it takes - not just to help Wefunder fix capitalism faster, but because you are in a hurry to have an impact.
- Beyond that, our dream candidate can operate in the chaos of a startup environment, by re-prioritizing tasks daily to keep all the balls in the air. We're growing fast, changing fast, and are always short of resources - it'll be your job to manage the ambiguity.
Here’s the day-to-day:
- Meet with founders after they’ve raised to guide them through post-funding tasks, like future financings and acquisitions, updating investors, annual reports, and taxes.
- Track companies that have raised on Wefunder, so we can tell investors how their investment are doing.
- Research and problem-solve for companies that are raising new funds, being acquired, going public, and more.
- Create tax documents for Wefunder investors.
- Give investors money! When a company is acquired, or goes public, we send the money or shares to Wefunder investors. You keep the wheels on the track and the investors in the loop.
- Design, build and QA new products and tools.
- Coordinate with the marketing and BD teams to tell Wefunder success stories.
- Keep team happy & productive. We're looking for someone who will proactively figure out how to make the team around them more productive.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years professional experience
- Experience at VC/startup is a plus– that said, we're more concerned with your drive and hunger than your experience. We invest in potential. If you are a quick learner and super-motivated, we'll help teach you, and the sky is the limit for how far you can rise.
Here are some skills we think are important:
- Fast Learner. There are tons of details to learn; securities regulations are quite complex and things change fast around here. You must be able to absorb and retain a lot of info quickly.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. It's important that no balls get dropped when dealing with multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Strong people skills. You should have a talent for making people feel instantly comfortable, heard, and understood.
Independent problem solver. We want someone who's able to tackle difficult problems on their own and proactively looks for new ways to improve Wefunder. In other words, you can just figure it out.
- Articulate, proactive communicator. You’ll be coordinating across a team handling multiple high-priority projects simultaneously. We need to know about challenges and problems as they’re developing, not after they’ve become a crisis.
- Efficient prioritization. You'll be juggling a thousand things at once. Be able to recognize which tasks are most important and get those done.
- Responsible & accountable. If you say you will do it, you do it.
- Bonus. Extra points for humor, kindness, curiosity, low-ego; speed of execution at ramp-up; willingness to slog through the mud for up to a few months; and an overarching desire to crush it at whatever you do.
- Market-rate salaries and stock options.
- Unlimited vacation days (mandatory 3 weeks off).
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- All-expense paid Wefunder vacation. We’ve taken two train trips across the country.
- Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- Lots of free food and drinks.
- Reimbursement for classes and conferences.
Email suzanna[at]wefunder.com with why you'd like to work for us. Brownie points: include a survival skill you'd offer the team in a post-apocalyptic world.
On May 16, 2016, it became legal for regular people to invest as little as $100 in startups and small businesses. Since then, we have become the largest equity crowdfunding platform. We've helped hundreds of startups and small businesses – including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and potential Ebola cures – raise millions of dollars.
We're a Public Benefit Corporation with a mission to revitalize capitalism and keep the American dream alive. GDP growth is slowing. Wealth inequality is increasing. Entrepreneurship is dying across America; falling from 10.6% to 3.6% among those under 30 since 1989. We're reversing these trends by funding more deserving businesses across all of America, not solely tech startups in Silicon Valley.
Want to help? Join us! We're a team of founder types: enjoy autonomy, responsibility, the opportunity to learn, and no red tape. Just make it happen.
Wefunder's story: https://wefunder.com/wefunder
Our Public Benefit Corp mission: https://wefunder.com/charter
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.