Remora is hiring an Industrial Engineer who will design and integrate new components into our device, all while helping to tackle the defining challenge of our time.
- Designing and executing production processes to optimize device manufacturing optimized for safety, quality, throughput and efficiency
- Establishing order for warehouse, shipping and receiving operations
- Reviewing production schedules, designing specifications, workflows, and other information to understand and adjust the company’s processes to make them more efficient.
- Implementing organization (5S) across production and non-production processes to ensure order
- Estimating production costs and the effects of product design changes on expenditures
- Using drafting tools and computer-assisted design software to create the layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency
- Coordinating and implementing quality control objectives, activities or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in industrial engineering or a related field and 4+ years of relevant work experience OR 6+ years of relevant work experience, ideally with design for automotive or similar applications
- Experience with Lean Methodologies and high skills in computer technology and systems operations
You’re the type of person who:
- Is highly organized with exceptional execution
- Is a clear, concise written and verbal communicator
- Has strong interpersonal skillsIs excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Is passionate about tackling the climate crisis, and committed to equity and inclusion
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI - Detroit, MI
- Start date: by April 15, 2022
- COVID-19: Remora requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants are required to submit proof of vaccination prior to beginning employment. Appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions are implemented in the workplace.
- Application process: We will review applications on a rolling basis. To begin, please fill out this application, and then we’ll follow up via email with next steps.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salaries (adjusted for geography) and equity ownership
- Healthcare (QSEHRA)
- Retirement (401k)
- Student loan assistance
- Four weeks of paid time off
- Dependent care assistance (childcare or eldercare)
- Parental leave
- Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
- Employee development and coaching
- Relocation stipend
Climate change disproportionately impacts communities of color, so we’re looking for candidates deeply committed to reducing emissions and to racial justice. We especially encourage people of color, women, and members of other communities underrepresented in startups to apply.
Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to think they are qualified for a position after reading a list of requirements like the one above. If you are worried that you are not qualified, please apply anyway! We’re most excited to work with people who learn quickly and want to tackle the climate crisis.
To all recruitment agencies: Remora does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Remora employees or any other organization location. Remora is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.