We're Robinhood for pre-IPO startups. Everyone can invest $100.
Wefunder is like Robinhood for pre-IPO startups. We're the largest funding platform that helps normal people make investments in startups they love. Over the past few years, we've helped fund over 900 startups with $450M+ including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and cancer cures.
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer that is obsessed with crafting world-class software. Someone who is not only excellent at UX, but also deeply understands our mission and the motivations of our users.
Since we're small, you'll wear many hats. You'll work directly with the CEO to lead product across the company. As Wefunder grows, you'll be on a track to become Head of Product.
Location: Wefunder HQ is in San Francisco. We will generally prefer candidates who live in the SF Bay Area or want to relocate.
• Our ideal candidate has a head start on grokking our users: they've either founded a company, worked with a founding team, or have invested in a startup. While not a requirement, this will help reduce the learning curve.
• We also need someone very good at simplifying complexity. Unfortunately, the law is complicated: often, a web page might have more than a dozen variations for different types of users and companies for legal reasons. You'll need an engineering-like brain to keep track of these details. But you'll also need to be an empath to understand our users.
SOME PROJECTS YOU COULD BE WORKING ON
• Our first challenge is a modernization of Wefunder. Most of our web site was jury-rigged together while under tremendous stress. We now have the resources to fix this. Over 2022, we will completely overhaul every single user-facing web page, one by one, with a new design system, fixing our most horrendous UX problems.
• The vision of Wefunder has always been community. Right now, we're pretty good at transferring money from Point A to Point B. But what happens after the company is funded? Can we connect founders with more help and mentorship when they need it? Can investors feel more "behind the scenes" and emotionally invested? Can investing in ideas they support be part of their identity, like it is in Silicon Valley? Can we educate the hundreds of thousands of new investors better? Can investors talk to each other and collaborate, and make better investing decisions? These are some of the challenges we'll have.
• You err towards minimalism and simplicity. We admire Airbnb, for instance.
• You have a critical eye for detail.
• You can code up some CSS and HTML in a pinch and submit to a git repository. We don't expect amazing engineering skills, but believe that web designers who understand the medium are better at their jobs.
• You are interested in improving your front-end coding chops.
• You naturally design for responsive layouts.
• You can get inside the head of our users: both founders and investors.
• You won't sacrifice our user experience to pump up short-term metrics. You agree the long-term is more important.
• You understand when to A/B test... and when to guard the soul of the product.
• Collaborate with our visual designer to implement a complete - visual overhaul: a consistent design system, typography, colors, React components, etc. We've been growing too fast and have a lot of design debt.
• Work with our support team to design solutions to common issues.
• Talk to hundreds of investors and founders until you grok them.
• Lead new projects. Create detailed Figma mockups and then work with engineers iteratively until deployed to production. (Brownie points if you prefer HTML mockups). Monitor in production, talk to users, measure data, and iterate again.
• Be a resource to engineers when they need design help with whatever they are working on. (Every engineer also has the autonomy to contribute to product).
• Screen product suggestions from the team and suggest UX improvements.
• Market-rate salaries and stock options.
• Unlimited vacation days (mandatory 3 weeks off).
• Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
• 401(k) with company match.
• All-expense paid Wefunder vacation. We’ve taken three train trips across the country.
• Equipment of your choice.
• Lots of free food and drinks.
• Reimbursement for classes and conferences.
• Invites to S'more Club :)
Email nick (atwefunder.com) with why you'd like to work for us. Brownie points: include a survival skill you'd offer the team in a post-apocalyptic world.
On May 16, 2016, it became legal for regular people to invest as little as $100 in startups and small businesses. Since then, we have become the largest equity crowdfunding platform. We've helped hundreds of startups and small businesses – including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and potential Ebola cures – raise millions of dollars.
We're a Public Benefit Corporation with a mission to revitalize capitalism and keep the American dream alive. GDP growth is slowing. Wealth inequality is increasing. Entrepreneurship is dying across America; falling from 10.6% to 3.6% among those under 30 since 1989. We're reversing these trends by funding more deserving businesses across all of America, not solely tech startups in Silicon Valley.
Want to help? Join us! We're a team of founder types: enjoy autonomy, responsibility, the opportunity to learn, and no red tape. Just make it happen.
Wefunder's story: https://wefunder.com/wefunder
Our Public Benefit Corp mission: https://wefunder.com/charter
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're the Robinhood for pre-IPO startups. We allow everyone to invest $100 in a startup they love.
Over the past five years, we've helped fund 826 startups with $362,349,253 – including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and potential Ebola cures.
We’re now doubling the size of our team to handle the growth. Trying to keep up!
We’re also a public benefit corporation with a mission of saving the American Dream (https://wefunder.com/charter). Our aim is to sprinkle the Silicon Valley fairy dust across the rest of the country, which often don’t have the same opportunities we take for granted.