Who We Are:
Here at Odeko, we believe that humans achieve more when they control their own destiny. That’s why we’re creating best-in-class solutions that empower small businesses to realize their big dreams -- starting with our mobile ordering app and supply chain management service. With Odeko, coffee shops and cafés can increase their revenue, lower their expenses, and reduce their environmental footprint effortlessly.
We’re a passionate team of dreamers and builders, determined to liberate small businesses from the not-so-fun aspects of the job so that they can focus on what’s fun and important.
Odeko is seeking a lead copywriter to drive the messaging for all of our brand marketing activities. Infusing highly curated wording to all communications, from business-facing product copies to consumer-facing marketing and social content. Ensuring consistent application of our brand voice through concise writing and strategic messaging that drives key marketing initiatives, inspires our customers, and creates business results.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong communication and creative writing skills, with in-depth experience in driving growth through marketing communications.
- Adhere to Odeko’s brand voice guidelines and continue to shape and evolve the brand voice across all communications, marketing and storytelling touchpoints, including digital ads, email, social media, website content, OOH, print, TV, online video, and collateral
- Manage the brand voice and tone for all marketing communication, clearly understanding when and how to apply a consistent brand voice to multiple customer segments that are unique and engaging
- Collaborate with the design, product, engagement, and leadership team to produce engaging and impactful communication materials from concept to finish
- Establish sales and marketing collaterals for all customer segments, campaigns, and other initiatives; ensuring consistency and effectiveness
- Conduct audits and editorial oversight of all written content
- Pivot seamlessly between B2B and B2C communication
- Lead necessary research and employ data to inform messaging as well as to grow and evolve the voice
- Exhibit ability to balance long-term visioning with immediate needs
- Drive best practices, continuous improvement, and provides recommendations for message innovation
- You are known for your quick wits, sense of humor, and endless curiosity
- You have strong copywriting samples executed across multiple media with a clear affinity for driving growth
- You have a healthy obsession with optimizing content and ad copies to maximize impact; along with a voracious appetite for validating your idea through A/B testing
- You live by the rule of brand guidelines but are flexible and agile enough to go against the grain to create something exceptional
- 6+ years of experience in brand marketing, advertising, digital marketing, marketing communications, or related fields
- 2+ years of experience leading copywriting and content development within an agency or in-house marketing environment
- You are truly passionate about coffee and helping small businesses grow
- You have prior experience working on integrated campaigns that span a health variety of media types and creating effective collaterals in support of sales enablement strategies
- You are social media savvy
- You have the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Experience with email, social media, and ad marketing automation tools is a plus
- Familiarity with extracting and understanding insights through analytics or data visualization tools is a plus
- Proven track record partnering with designers, producers, agencies, and content-creators
We are open to remote candidates based in the US.
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
No third-parties please.