Measured is looking for an experienced software engineer familiar with mobile development to help us build the next generation of our mobile app. Ideal candidates should feel comfortable building great mobile-first experiences, know React Native very well and have familiarity shipping both iOS and Android apps.
⚡ What you'll do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our mobile application
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Work closely with our engineering lead to contribute strategically and play a key role in the product development process
🎯 What we're looking for
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer or similar engineering role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Comp Sci or related discipline preferred (but not required)
- Excellent problem-solving skills to address dynamic, complex problems early
- Preferred experience with some of the following: shipping React Native for Android, React, Context API, custom hooks, Apollo, Auth0, CI/CD, Expo bare workflow/EAS, frontend web UI framework, experience with implementing design systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
🤗 Who you are
- Team player with a passion for learning
- You are energized by ambiguity
- Desire to help people live healthier lives
- Desire to build a truly great and lasting company
📐 Why Measured?
- Huge opportunity. Nearly half of all Americans are obese today and the numbers are only getting worse year after year. Consumers are spending a lot of money on this already for subpar products that don't work well. We have the ability to help a lot of people profitably.
- Challenging problems. We're in the business of changing human behavior, which is both fascinating and difficult. If you're into hacking complex systems or your own health, or have an interest in human psychology, you're going to love working on our product.
- A great team. Our team is scrappy and experienced in building great products (Twice, UserTesting) and growing massive brands (BarkBox, Everlane). Everyone on our team comes from a social science educational background and we try to take a scientific, data-driven approach whenever possible.
- Culture. Having worked at high growth, early stage startups in the past, our team understands the value of work-life balance. We take weekends off, go on vacations, and have quarterly team retreats.
- Resources and growth. We're well capitalized with seed funding and are backed by Y Combinator and other top tier investors (we're announcing publicly in a couple of months but can share details when we chat). We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join us - you'll learn a lot, build cool products, and grow as our company scales!
🙌 What we offer
- Competitive cash compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage
- Opportunity as one of our first engineering hires to take on significant responsibility and ownership in building a product that can change the lives of thousands
🌎 Where you'll work
This is a remote-friendly position with a preference for people based in NYC (location of our first hub!). We organize quarterly team retreats and believe there’s a role for in-person gatherings when it comes to building strong team dynamics.
Measured is a modern weight loss company that's on a mission to end obesity in America. We believe that every person has the right to live a healthier and happier life, and that technology can help us get there. There are many weight loss companies that have been around for decades and speak to a different generation. We're positioning ourselves to be the go-to solution for the next 20+ years.
Our solution takes an evidence-based approach to weight loss that is medically supervised and combines:
- Personalized behavior change program administered via software. Our proprietary platform provides user with healthy recipes, customizable meal plans, educational courses, weekly goals and a number of tracking tools.
- 1:1 and group coaching sessions by Registered Dietitians.
- FDA-approved medication administered by licensed physicians via telehealth (if needed).
We're well funded and backed by Y Combinator and several other top-tier investors. We've got plenty of runway and are laser focused on building the absolute best product to help people effectively lose weight and keep it off.
We're looking for teammates who are interested in being early players and helping shape company culture. We care deeply about a culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. If you do not fit this exact description but feel strongly about us and this role, please reach out regardless.
Read more about us here: https://measured.notion.site/Work-at-Measured-52382d2def974521a72a8c9e6a303eb6