As the Director of Engineering at Jasper, you will report to the VP of Engineering. You'll take responsibility for building a world class team, setting the vision of the engineering team at Jasper, and scaling and supporting the team as they enable product development. The Director of Engineering will partner with other leaders to define and expand Jasper's products and business strategies and set the vision for the organization. You will develop a culture of excellence, grow leaders, and inspire innovation.
What you will do at Jasper:
- You'll grow, lead and retain a high performing engineering team
- You'll collaborate with product and business leadership in defining the strategy to deliver value to our customers and executing on that strategy.
- You'll ensure that Jasper's engineering foundation is scalable, performant, and secure, and can scale with the company’s needs.
- You'll drive the development of software development initiatives, products, services and production environments.
What you will bring to Jasper:
- 5+ years experience in software development, engineering, SDLC and product engineering
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of engineers
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience
If you join us, you’ll be an early team member in helping shape:
- Our future company culture
- Our engineering practices
- People that we hire
- The direction and focus of our products
Our current stack:
- Backend: Node, Express, Websockets
- Frontend: VueJs, React (NextJS), GraphQL
- DigitalOcean, Vercel
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Hasura GraphQL Engine
- yjs (shared datatypes)
The Engineering values that guide us:
- Engineering without ego - We own our work, but within the framework of the team. We see features through to the end while respecting our team members' ideas
- Strong opinions, loosely held - We fight for our ideas, but are open to hearing others' suggestions
- Ship fast, sustainably, and simply - We move quickly without over-complicating but with a minimum of debt
- Scale each other - We support and teach each other every day in order to be the strongest team possible
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up
- The most enjoyable and engaging work environment you've even been a part of
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Gym reimbursement - stay healthy!