Home boxing gym with motion trackers that compute punches and reps.
JOB POSTING: SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER
FightCamp is a connected at-home boxing gym. With FightCamp you get access to world-class boxing and kickboxing trainers, studio-quality equipment, and performance-tracking technology — all from the comfort of your home. The key to a FightCamp workout lies in our Punch Tracking technology — we allow you to measure every strike, deliver real-time stats and fuel your competitive side.
Since launching in February 2018, FightCamp’s revenues have doubled every month. FightCamp is funded by Y Combinator.
As a Software Engineer at FightCamp, you will be responsible for improving our backend services. You will help process workouts and tasks through our app, automate communications with our customers, and grow our backend tools. Working on the engineering team, you will develop and expand the cloud features of our core API used by our mobile app and video production process. In this role, you will collaborate closely with the CTO, Director of Engineering, Product Managers, and web team. You’ll have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced environment.
• Collaborative team players with a growth mindset
• High attention to detail with a focus on quality and customer experience
• Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Proactive self-starters
• Work closely with the mobile team to develop API features
• Lead technical decisions and work to define direction and architecture
• Maintain and expand our backend infrastructure using Node.js
• Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
• Communicate design decisions and tradeoffs effectively
• Take ownership of the architecture, development, deployment, and operations of the microservices that you create
• Respond to production incidents as part of on-call rotationImprove overall team and engineering processes
• Contribute to company vision and long-term strategy
• 5+ years experience
• Write readable, robust, testable, performant, and reusable code
• Strong knowledge of RESTful APIs, Node.js, MySQL, and NoSQL
• Experience with GraphQL APIs and serverless framework (Strongly preferred)
• Confident and self-sufficient with AWS
• Has experience with Agile methodologies and fast development cycles
• Can work cross-functionally to bring projects from idea to production
• Container knowledge (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Familiarity with building CI/CD pipelines using tools like CircleCI, TravisCI
• Node.Js backend and microservice architecture
• MySQL, PostgreSQL, and DynamoDB
• Serverless technology based on AWS Lambda
• Testing frameworks, i.e. Jest and Mocha
• Git and Git Submodules
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
• Paid holidays and sick days
• Flexible vacation policy
• Flexible work from home options
• Catered lunches and free snacks (even for remote work)
• Fitness subsidies
• One R&D day per sprint
Want your work to have a significant impact on other people’s lives and well-being? At FightCamp, your work will not only shape who you will become professionally but personally. We’re funded, generating revenues, and one of the most dedicated teams you’ll find. Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility, over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Come shape the future of at-home fitness with us.
Connected at-home Boxing and Kickboxing workouts with motion trackers on your wrists that track every punch thrown. Members of FightCamp go through content journeys that teaches them how to box while they compete against each other on a leaderboard and try to exceed the prescribed punch goals.