Letterdrop is a YC-backed startup building a content operations platform for businesses. We make creating, producing, and distributing content for SEO, email, and social simple. We've hit an inflection point in the business where we're starting to see real growth. The founder was a Product Manager at Google Search and Chat. We’re a team of 9 with 4 engineers at the moment.
What will you do?
- Architect and implement features for our platform on both frontend and backend. There is no part of the codebase you won't touch.
- Create infrastructure and tooling for handling high volumes of email, page views, working with SEO data, dozens of 3rd party integrations and scraping. Performance matters.
- Collaborate with team on code reviews and best practices to grow a scaleable codebase.
- Work directly with CEO to roadmap new features.
- Our stack is React, Node JS, Next JS, MongoDB, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, and others.
What are we looking for?
- You have publicly viewable side projects on GitHub and can pick-up new technologies and frameworks quickly. Please share your GitHub.
- You are comfortable working on both backend and frontend development. We can focus on what you're most comfortable with, but since the team is small, you'll touch both.
- Ability to act independently, work well with a team, and ship features quickly. A positive can-do attitude and confidence that you can solve any problem is needed at a startup where we're figuring things out as we go.
- Good communication skills and ability to read documentation online to research how to solve problems yourself.
- You have interest in learning more about the deep technical details of SEO, email, and marketing.
Why you should apply?
- Lots of ownership on a small team.
- Directly interact with CEO to develop new features.
- You are looking to learn rapidly. This isn't a big company job tweaking small pieces of a giant project without impact. You will be shipping new features every week.
- We stay on top of trends: We’re power users of frameworks like Next JS, GCP, Figma, Linear, and use the latest technologies to scale.
- We build for our customers: We keep a good pulse on how our marketers think about content creation and syndication. We have a group of 20+ early customers who help define our product.
- We’re grounded: We’re pragmatic and seek to create value for our customers that they're willing to pay for. We're optimistic that we're building a platform that will be the de facto tool for thousands of B2B marketing teams in 2-3 years.
- 15 min initial phone interview for introductions
- 45 min live coding interview on Zoom
- Paid take home project - make a commit to our codebase.
We try to keep it as short as possible to be respectful of your time.