What We Do:
Beacons is the easiest way for creators to build a custom mobile-first website that their fans love! We help creators build their online identity, gain insights about their audience, and monetize their business.
We're excited to tackle the rapidly growing, $100 billion creator economy. There's a huge opportunity to help creators build the businesses of tomorrow, and we're positioned to build the defining solution.
- Beacons is looking for our first Engineering Manager who will hire, mentor and lead our next team of SWEs
- You’ll build a values-led team where engineers of diverse backgrounds feel welcomed, challenged and supported
- Most of us work together in the SF office, but hiring good people is our top priority - we’re happy to relocate you OR have you work from anywhere in the US!
- You are still highly technical & hold a high bar for code quality (even though you may not code day to day any longer)
- You’re comfortable architecting complex and scalable software systems
- You excel at both written and oral communication and are amazing at cross-collaboration
- You can explain technical topics to a business person and business strategy to an engineering team with ease
- You value learning, have relentless self-drive, and have an overwhelming sense of responsibility
- You have a servant-leader mentality with 2+ years of experience managing high-performance engineering teams - you know what good looks like and are ready to do great
What You’d Be Working On:
- You’ll be your team’s fearless leader and support system, facilitating their growth and providing them with the mentorship they need to succeed
- You’ll partner with our recruiting team and engineering leadership to discover, interview, and attract great engineers
- You’ll establish best practices, drive ownership, and manage performance for your direct reports
- Your team will be working cross-functionally with product management, design, and customer success - you’ll be the glue that binds teams and engineers across the entire org
- Your expertise will help develop your team to assess, triage and reduce technical risk. You will fill blind spots for your engineers, creating the bridge between business, product, and engineering
It’d be a major bonus if one or more of these apply to you:
- You’re energized about the creator economy space!!!
- You have experience at both early and late-stage companies
- One of your proudest moments is one of your mentees success stories, and you’ll share it with us during the interview process 😊
What We Can Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity grant. We have a standard four year vesting schedule with a one year cliff
- We give 4 weeks off and we want you to use them! This is on top of federal holidays 🇺🇸🎉
- Platinum level medical, vision, and dental insurance with 99% employer-paid premiums for employees and coverage for eligible dependents
- 401(k) retirement savings and investing plan
- Monthly gym stipend
- Reimbursement for a home office setup. We will get you what you need to do your best work!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. No matter what you come in knowing, you'll be learning new things all the time and we'll be here to help. Our team still has a lot to learn and if you join us, we would love for you to learn and grow with us!