What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is a startup that connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers only pay us back when they’re hired.
Last year, we raised our Series A, grew the team to over 50 fully remote employees and 100+ industry mentors, enrolled 2000 job seekers into the program, and have generated $100mm+ in livelihood for our customers. There is lots of exciting growth on the horizon. This year, we’re looking to more than 2x our enrollment. In 2022, we have already expanded from 6 to 14 industries, are launching a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings, and have 30+ partnerships with universities, companies, and recruiting agencies.
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker, instead of on behalf of employers, recruiters, or schools. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto.
We’re looking for a software engineering lead that will become a subject matter expert and future leader of our engineering function as we grow our product and engineering team to help build the next generation of our platform.
You’ll be focused on collaborating and developing 4 other engineers in taking on more ownership in engineering and product development. You’ll also work side-by-side with our CPO, product designer, product manager to design, architect, and launch complex new features and systems with a special focus on . There are opportunities in the mid-term to take on engineering management more formally and/or expand to data engineering and infrastructure.
Within 1 month you'll...
- Work directly with the CPO/Co-founder to learn about the business, product strategy, and dive into the inner workings and codebase of our core platform services
- Start shipping code in your first week & helping perform code reviews with the team
- Start building relationships with 4 software engineers on the team and collaborate with the CPO/Co-founder to transition engineering lead responsibilities
- Ship a mid-sized engineering project to the platform
Within 3 months you'll...
- Have a robust understanding of our core platform codebase and comfortable with diagnosing issues that come up
- Own technical design and project execution for the team, delegating this work to other engineers on the team when appropriate
- Build multiple significant features end to end and have an effective cadence of balancing committing code and managing your direct reports
- Identify opportunities for improvement of our technical infrastructure
Within 6 months you'll...
- Achieve platform defined OKRs on engineering dependability and velocity
- Become the subject matter expert in our engineering team
- Build a high-performing engineering team and have fortified strong relationships each engineering in our team
- Introduce new frameworks and tools to help optimize and elevate the work of the company
Within 12 months you'll...
- As a high performer, become the go-to engineering expert for the company overall
- Push forward 0 to 1 engineering initiatives that help Pathrise progress from tech - enabled to tech driven
Who You Are
- You have a track record of guiding high performing engineering teams
- You deliver quality solutions on time and guide people towards decisions when they have differing perspectives and ideas
- You think critically about what you build and why.
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You are looking to grow and take on new learning opportunities
- You're excited by the potential of leading and growing an early stage engineering team.
- You're able and willing to wear multiple hats. You're comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment and enjoy taking ownership
- You’re motivated to create life-changing and lasting impact on people’s lives
- Minimum 4+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience as a engineering lead on a team with at least 3+ engineers
- Demonstrated ability to develop full stack web applications and experience working with external APIs
- Ability to ramp up quickly and own features end-to-end
Nice to Haves
- 1+ years of experience as a engineering manager
- Experience with salesforce development
What's in it for you?
- Base salary of $140,000 - 180,000/year, contingent on experience and qualifications
- Meaningful equity
- Great health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% remote work now and in the future!
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Twice-yearly performance bonuses
- Bi-annual offsites and regular virtual events