Let’s start with why we exist…
Since our founding in 2016, we’ve had the vision that someday people will own and manage their data, take back control over their privacy, and bring their digital self to the products and services they use. We look at this as your Proxy: your most accurate, most secure, and most connected representation of yourself, which allows you to experience the world in new and amazing ways.
We see potential for Proxy to bridge the concept of decentralized identity into everyday applications, making them easy for everyone to use. If you want to create a world in which people own and control their identity and personal data in ways that empower them and their interactions in the digital and physical worlds, we’re the team for you.
Why this role exists...
- The Community Web & Video Developer will work with the community team to develop videos and webpages using customized templates in a world-class CMS to attract, engage, delight and web3 community members.
- As an integral part of the community team, the Community Web & Video Developer will produce multiple community webpages and video content that contribute to an overall seamless community experience for members to discover, learn, and contribute to the community.
- They will continuously evaluate the search optimization, user experience, and functionality of the community’s digital experience, making thoughtful and significant recommendations for improvements.
- They will analyze performance of the pages and videos, while taking action to correct deficiencies, as well as participate in modifications to resolve issues and plan for future growth.
- They will work in close collaboration with the core Community Team to build a digital experience which delivers unique yet compelling experiences that drive engagement and meet the needs of our target networks.
- They will report on web traffic trends and make recommendations to improve performance and engagement.
Don’t meet every single requirement below? Don’t worry, we’re not looking for a 100% requirements match. If your superpower is customizing CMS templates and themes to build killer webpages, and you love working with marketing team members, please apply! If you also spend way too much time making TikToks, your resume will be at the top of our pile. Please include a portfolio.
- Entry-level experience as a web developer in a marketing environment - both front-end and back-end preferred.
- Personal passion for video creation and editing or podcasts highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of CMS, e.g. WordPress framework, plugins, and maintenance
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics. Able to quickly prototype web page layouts.
- Excellent responsive web design skills using CSS and HTML
- Ability to answer technical questions related to CMS core, design, development, and hosting.
- Understanding of SEO practices is a plus but not required. Eagerly willing to integrate SEO best practices in both web and video is a must.
- Ability to work well with both technical and non-technical team members - including previous experience serving alongside or with a Marketing or Community team.
- The individual thrives in turning tasks around quickly and meeting deadlines, while maintaining the quality of work going out the door. Ability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to urgent issues and opportunities.
- The right candidate is hungry for growth and learning, likes to laugh and have fun, prioritizes user experience, and appreciates a balance between functionality and design.
- Previous experience with Figma, Craft and Design Thinking is a plus.
- Proxy’s Community Web & Video Developer will work with a team of driven professionals which values creativity, inclusivity and collaboration.
- This is a unique opportunity to be on the ground floor of web3 and crypto.