We empower growing businesses by making access to capital easy.
The inspiration for Slope came from Lawrence’s parents having spent the past three decades in the wholesale business, importing products and selling them to small businesses across Brazil. From having worked with them, we realized small mom-and-pop stores are limited by their working capital and that business loans are complicated to navigate.
At Slope (YC S21), we are building Buy Now, Pay Later for B2B businesses. We enable any business to pay with installments at checkout. Buy Now, Pay Later is the foundation to rebuilding the messy cross-border B2B payments infrastructure — our vision is to be Stripe for global B2B.
In a span of 7 months, we went from pre-product to processing over millions in monthly transaction volume and raising $29M in funding to date.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that in “slope” — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating.
- We are growing insanely fast (growing 121% each month for the past 6 months, with signed contracts to 20X in Q2, and a growing waitlist that’s dwarfing our ability to keep up). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Help small underdog business owners thrive and compete against large corporations.
✅ What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a solutions engineer that is excited to work directly with our merchant partners to help with onboarding, integration, and post-close.
- Understand Slope’s internal and external API’s in order to answer questions from our merchant partners and developers
- Own and facilitate the onboarding integration support process (for example: generating the right API keys based on payment terms and customization, understanding the right data scheme ingestion, etc.)
- Work closely with our sales team and customer success teams to help debug issues and automate manual processes
- Work closely with engineering and product to help prioritize product roadmap and specific customer feature requests
- Be comfortable in our databases and codebase
- Willing to work in person at our San Francisco or Mexico City office
- Be proactive, willing to wear multiple hats, and a fast-learner (Slope! ⚡)
- Strong engineering background preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- 1+ year in software development
- Experience working with relational databases, especially Postgres
- Experience with AWS services
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
🚀 Bonus points
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage all employees to be future founders and this can be a great stepping stone towards that)
- Experience in enterprise solutions engineering
- Customer-centric and passionate about helping small businesses grow
- Previous experience in fintech infrastructure
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup