As the VP of Product at Jasper, you’ll be a key member of the Executive team, reporting directly to the CEO and focusing on scaling a best-in-class product organization that delivers delightful customer experiences and pushes the boundaries on using AI to write great content. This role is equivalent to a Chief Product Officer.
In this role, you own the product's long-term strategy and roadmap and ensure the right product gets built at the right time.
What you will do at Jasper:
- Lead and guide product direction for a team of product managers and a cross-functional team of engineering, design, analytics, and marketers.
- Define experiences that help mitigate active and passive churn. Propose and run tests to improve the experience in those key moments. Work with a dedicated design and engineering team to research, ideate, user test, build MVPs and scale successful tests
- Lead the team to identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional partners, working with the analytics team to deeply understand user behavior and engagement metrics, and competitive analysis.
- Turn ambiguous problems and big ideas into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
- Deeply understand how your products work and how to measure short- and long-term success. You know every step of the user funnel. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests.
Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways
What you will bring to Jasper:
- 8+ years of experience delivering highly successful and innovative software products and product teams.
- 4+ years of experience managing product managers.
- Proven ability to translate strategy into sound operational plans and roadmaps.
- Shipped creative and highly successful self-serve products; involved in end-to-end product process from conceptualizing, building, shipping, and scaling products.
- Track record of building experiences that effectively solve a customer pain point resulting in significant business impact
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about metrics and data
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data from a variety of sources, identify key insights, identify opportunities, and inform product decisions, with a bias to action and experimentation
- Excels at communicating with team, partners, and executives with clarity, salience, and urgency. Adept at proactively managing upwards.
If you join us, you’ll be an early team member in helping shape:
- Our future company culture
- Our engineering practices
- People that we hire
- The direction and focus of our products
Our current stack:
- Backend: Node, Express, Websockets
- Frontend: VueJs, React (NextJS), GraphQL
- DigitalOcean, Vercel
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Hasura GraphQL Engine
- yjs (shared datatypes)
The Product Engineering values that guide us:
- Engineering without ego - We own our work, but within the framework of the team. We see features through to the end while respecting our team members' ideas
- Strong opinions, loosely held - We fight for our ideas, but are open to hearing others' suggestions
- Ship fast, sustainably, and simply - We move quickly without over-complicating but with a minimum of debt
- Scale each other - We support and teach each other every day in order to be the strongest team possible
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up
- The most enjoyable and engaging work environment you've even been a part of
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Gym reimbursement - stay healthy!